Potatoes are one of life’s greatest side dishes. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever had a potato that I didn’t like. Fried… baked… roasted… mashed… I am salivating just thinking about all the delicious ways I could eat them! John and I don’t eat potatoes often enough – mainly because we are too impatient to wait for them to cook. 😉 But I always try to have a potato as part of Wednesday Night Dinner with my mom (along with a vegetable and a meat) so we have a nice rounded meal.
These potatoes are sliced thin and tossed with oil, salt, and pepper – then seasoned with paprika and just a pinch of cayenne pepper to give them a little kick! They are roasted in the oven for about 45 minutes (or longer, if you want them nice and crispy).
Spicy Oven-Roasted Potatoes
Active Prep: 10 minutes
Cook time: ~45 minutes
TOTAL: 55-65 minutes
YIELDS: 4 servings
- 5-6 medium red potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 °F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large zip-tight bag, add potatoes and olive oil. Seal bag and toss to coat.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Seal bag and mix well until potatoes are uniformly coated with seasonings.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on baking sheet. Roast in oven for 45 minutes, flipping potatoes halfway through. Serve immediately. Yields about 4 servings. (NOTE: Increase baking time by 10-15 minutes for a crisper potato!)