I would say 4 out of 5 days a week, I get home from work and I’m STARVING. It’s those days that I pray that we have leftovers or that I’ve planned a super speedy dinner to make. This potatoes and kielbasa dish is quick to make – I’d say 20 minutes tops from start to that first delicious bite in your mouth! I had originally planned to make this on Friday, but we ended up getting a pizza instead, so yesterday was THE day. I would make this every week if I could. Kielbasa is one of my favorite meats. Plus I add some veggies to the dish to make it a complete meal. 🙂
If you are in starvation mode and need to eat this ASAP, get those potatoes chopped and on the stove first! You can chop everything else while they are cooking. No need to peel the potatoes. Just make sure they are diced small enough (an inch cube max) to decrease your cooking time – larger than that and you will be waiting a little bit longer.
One-Pan Potatoes and Kielbasa
Prep and cook time: 20 min
Yields: 4-6 servings
- 6 medium red potatoes, diced into ½ to 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 5 oz spinach (~4-5 cups)
- 1 tsp salt
- Add diced potatoes to a medium stock pot. Cover with water and heat on high, covered, until water begins to boil. Remove cover and boil until fork-tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- While potatoes are boiling, dice and chop vegetables and kielbasa. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook until vegetables are soft, ~2-3 minutes.
- Drain potatoes. Add potatoes and kielbasa to skillet. Cook until potatoes begin to brown and kielbasa is heated through, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add spinach, a cup at a time, stirring until spinach wilts, about 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately.