I was cleaning out my freezer over the weekend (okay… not cleaning out, more like shoving stuff into little nooks in there so I could fit even MORE stuff…) and I came across several packages of frozen ground beef (John always separates them into one pound chunks). I figured it was time to use some of it!
This is one of my favorite meatball recipes – it has just a little bit of kick to it! You can omit the red pepper flakes to have “kick-free” meatballs. I would categorize this as a “30 minute meal” recipe – just heat up some sauce and cook the spaghetti while your meatballs are baking and dinner will be on the table before you know it! Serve with some warm garlic bread and a side salad and your tummy will be oh-so-satisfied! This recipe is adapted from lovestohost’s Meatball Nirvana recipe on Allrecipes.com.
Active Prep: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
TOTAL: 35 min
Yields ~35 meatballs (6-8 servings)
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 ½ tsp Italian herbs
- ¾ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ c grated Parmesan-Romano blend cheese
- ½ c Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together until well-blended.
- Roll into 1-1 ½ inch meatballs (~35 meatballs). Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping meatballs halfway through.
- Eat as-is, or serve over your favorite pasta and sauce!