Lenten Fridays. A chance to dust off those seafood recipes I usually forget about. Don’t get me wrong, I love seafood! I just eat a whole lot more beef and chicken (and cupcakes) than fish and shellfish dishes.
This shrimp scampi is super quick to make. I try to avoid cooking on Fridays (usually I am just ready to unwind from the work week), but this dish is so easy and SO tasty, I don’t mind whipping it together. I use fully-cooked, frozen shrimp to make it even easier. Just thaw the shrimp in warm water for about 5 minutes before cooking. Recipe is adapted from damndelicious.net.
Quick Shrimp Scampi
Active Prep: 5 min
Cook time: 10-15 min
TOTAL: 15 min
- 8 oz linguine
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lb small, fully cooked shrimp, thawed
- ¼ c chicken broth
- ¼ c freshly-squeeze lemon juice (~1.5 lemons)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- ½ c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add linguine, shrimp, chicken broth, and lemon juice. Mix well and cook until heated through, about 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add lemon zest, parsley, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately and garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.