SUPERBOWL LI. PATRIOTS CHAMPIONS! WHAT A GAME!!! While I am not huge on football, I am SO glad I was able to watch last night’s game that certainly made history. Incredible win!
Honestly, my favorite part about the Super Bowl is the snacks. 🙂 I can’t help it! It is a great excuse to eat all the junk food you usually wouldn’t eat. Like potato skins. I LOVE potato skins, but I don’t eat them on a regular basis. They are the perfect snack for the Super Bowl. Deep fried and full of melted cheese and bacon, then topped with sour cream? Mmmm…
Active Prep: 15 min
Cook time: 15 minutes
TOTAL: ~30 min
- 3 large russet potatoes
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 c shredded cheese (I prefer a blend of cheddar, mozzarella, and Monterey Jack)
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Sour cream, scallions, other toppings (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Pierce potatoes with a fork several times on each side. Microwave for 10-12 minutes on High until soft.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the middles of the potatoes, leaving about ¼” of potato around the skin. (Hint: save the insides to make mashed potatoes!)
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 375 °F. Deep fry potato skins in a single layer for 5 minutes until they start to brown. Remove and drain on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Top potatoes with cheese and bacon crumbles. Place on a baking sheet and bake in oven for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Top with sour cream or toppings of your choice if desired.