When I was in college, one of my favorite things to get in the dining hall was a honey mustard chicken wrap. It sounds simple, but there was always a lonnnng line waiting to get this wrap. It was the mysterious “yellow sauce” in the wrap that us 18- and 19-year-olds lived for back then. Obviously, we knew it was honey mustard, but no one could figure out how to replicate the taste – there are so many honey mustards out there! Luckily, my five years’ experience as a waitress at Friendly’s exposed me to lots of different sauces and dressings, and I knew at first taste that the sauce was none other than Ken’s Honey Mustard Dressing!
I enjoy this wrap with either grilled or fried chicken. If I’m feeling a bit on the healthier side, I’ll opt for the grilled. But it’s the last day before the new year, and from what I’ve heard, diets aren’t really supposed to start until January 2nd, when you’ve figured out your diet plan. 😉 Luckily, I have some delicious deep fried chicken just waiting to be gobbled up. Tomato and avocado are my favorite add-ons to this wrap, but you can add anything you’d like.
Happy New Year!
Honey Mustard Chicken Wrap
Prep: 5-10 minutes
Yield: 1 wrap
- 1 10-inch wrap or tortilla (I like Joseph’s white or whole wheat wraps)
- 3-4 oz chicken, diced
- ¼ ripe avocado, diced
- ½ roma tomato, diced
- 1 Tbsp Ken’s honey mustard dressing
- 1 leaf Romaine lettuce
- Spread honey mustard in a 2- to 3-inch wide line across center of wrap.
- Layer lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and chicken over honey mustard.
- Add additional honey mustard, if desired.
- Fold in sides of wrap, then roll into a wrap. Slice down the middle and enjoy!